The APA is looking for a candidate for Statewide Treasurer to complete the term of the incumbent, who is retiring.
Please review the attached job description and send a letter of interest and resume to the chairperson of the APA Budget and Finance subcommittee by March 13, 2019:
Chairman, Budget and Finance Subcommittee
Bridgewater State University
131 Summer Street
Bridgewater, MA 02325
Candidates meeting the requirements set forth in the APA Bylaws will be contacted for interviews. Thanks for your interest in serving the APA!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Keep an accurate account of all receipts and disbursements for the APA. Shall monitor all financial accounts and report financial updates to both the State President and the State Executive Board on a monthly basis.
$350 per month
Reports to State President and State Executive Board
Oversees Membership Coordinator
- Shall hold the funds of the APA and disburse them in accordance with budgeted authorization
- Maintains monthly payroll for state executive board members.
- Shall work with independent auditor and MTA accounting personnel for annual financial statement for APA membership.
- Shall keep accurate account of receipts and disbursements. Payments shall be made in accordance with an agreed upon schedule and shall be completed no later than 60 days in arrears of the final date in said plan
- Shall obtain counter-signature by the President or Vice-President of the APA for all disbursements that shall exceed $1500.
- Shall keep the President and the Executive Board informed of the financial condition of the APA and assist the Executive Board in the drafting of the annual budget.
- Complete reports from the Secretary of the Commonwealth, Department of Labor and other regulatory agencies.
- Shall certify the accurate roll of the membership with the assistance of the Membership Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field required
- Possess and maintain current Accounting or Finance credentials
- Be proficient with spreadsheets, reconciliations and accounting software (ADP Payroll software) desirable.
- Eligible to be bonded by MTA