February 2018

Submitted by admin on Wed, 01/16/2019 - 16:26

Executive Board Meeting
Friday, February 16, 2018, 10:00am
MTA Offices Auburn, MA

Attending: Sherry Horeanopoulos (APA President/FitchburgSU), Charlie Cianfarini (APA Vice President/MCLA), Michael Pelletier (President/SalemSU), Katie D’Urso (MTA), Kathi Bradford, APA Secretary (Westfield SU), Mark Powers (President/Framingham), Aaron Childs (APA Membership/WestfieldSU), Alan Jackson (President/WorcesterSU)

Not Attending: Jim Murphy, Treasurer, Marissa Barrios (MassMaritime for Edward Vacha), Howie Larosee (President, MassArtSU), Rich Sutter (President/WestfieldSU), Mike Storey (President/BridgewaterSU)

Guest: Max Page, candidate for MTA VP

I. Call to Order by Sherry at 10:09 a.m. (6 voting members present)

II. Approval of Minutes – Motion by Mark with 2nd by AJ to approve minutes but add the information from Charlie re: MCLA. 6‐0‐0 PASSED

  • Because it was outstanding, a motion to purchase a 3 year certification at $419 for the server was made by Aaron with 2nd by Mike P. 6‐0‐0 PASSED

III. President’s Report ‐ Sherry

  • Update on GIC
    • The GIC voted unanimously to approve the plan designs, which in general changed slightly in favor or the employee ($7.9m in the members favor). The was an estimated $300k cost estimated to moving to consistent out of pocket maximums for plans (5000/10000).
    • Tier 3 specialist deductibles will be lowered from $90 to $75 and the regional and limited network medical deductible will be lowered from $500/$1000 to $400/$800 (with the exception of Neighborhood Health Plan Prime which will remain at 500/1000).
    • At the February 22 meeting they will vote on premium rates.
  • HELC report
  • Negotiations
    • Vince asked to speak with Sherry and Katie with Jim to try and move our contract along. They spoke about the areas that we did not yet settle on. We are getting pressure from MSCA to not settle but CJ understands.
    • We will ask for job tier descriptions as an appendix.
    • Discussed a number of options to propose and some ideas to suggest.
    • Upcoming meeting: Now February 28th in Auburn.
    • We are at 412 days without a contract. Sherry made a motion to go into the next meeting trying to settle the contract, Mark 2nd. PASSED 6‐0‐0

IV. Treasurer’s Report – Jim (Reports emailed to Local Chapters)

  • Payroll due on Tuesday, February 20, by 12:00pm

V. Membership and Data – Aaron

  • 1405 members, plus one since January
  • 78 agency fee, up 2 since January
  • 1 cash payer
  • A dues refund of $76.67 was done for Salem. There was a name mix up with a new person.

VI. Health and Welfare Report – AJ

  • Meeting next Friday, AJ will be chairing

VII. Committee Reports – NO REPORTS

VIII. Old/New Business ‐ SKIPPED OLD/NEW business to continue contract discussion.

  • Bylaws
  • Electronic Voting: Intelliscan – Katie
  • Webmaster?
  • Qualifications of the treasurer

Contract discussion continues: Motion made by Mark to not allow grandfathering with sick/vacation time plan. Second by AJ. 4‐1‐1 PASSED.

Some new ideas:

  • Grandfather the current 20+ years, new hires the new plan
  • Grandfather a date that new proposal starts. Ie. January 1, 2000.

Worked on the package to management including money, Tuition and fees, rank descriptions, 6 month extension, Salary adjustment schedule, job security, police requests, agency fee, considerations for vacation/sick time.

Listened to presentation by Max Page, Candidate for MTA VP.

Motion to adjourn by Mark, second by AJ at 12:58pm 6‐0‐0 PASSED

Next Meeting: March 16, 2018. 10:00am in Auburn MTA Office.